Saturday 4 October 2008

Perhaps it was all a dream...

No, it wasn't!


It sounds like a cliché, but I honestly don’t know where the last week has gone. As though I went to sleep on Sunday night, was transported to another realm, and then woke up back in my real life yesterday afternoon.

This was primarily caused by the global economic crisis rippling its way into my little corner of the business world.

Things have steadied, but even my most trusted crystal ball is struggling to provide a clear prediction of the situation beyond the next six months. (Which is slightly worrying, as a major part of my job is to predict future trends two years ahead!)

So... I have decided to embrace the fog and regard these as exciting times. :)

6 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

My entire life is where did this month go - time is evil.

Ronald L. Smith said...

I know. It's crazy. Hopefully we'll all soon see this work its way out. But, unfortunately, I think it'll take a while until we once again return to our "normal" level of managed chaos.

Stuart Neville said...

It's like that old Chinese curse: May you live in interesting times.

Mary said...

Cate - even if I do find myself with more time on my hands, I bet it will still deceive me. ;)

Prince Balthazar - I agree. If a miracle does not occur in the next few weeks, we could face two or three years at tidy desks, fondly reminiscing about times of managed chaos. It is worrying, indeed. :/

Stuart - on the bright side: interesting is always better than boring. Thank heavens for curses! :)

Whirlochre said...

Unless I'm scheduled to be reborn as a lizard, I'm figuring 'only ever once' for all of this.

So I'm letting the the pundits cry 'good!' and 'bad!' with equal volubility/solubility — tomorrow is my only Wednesday 8th October 2008 and no-one is having it but me.

Mary said...

Whirlochre - well said. Financial Armageddon does not mean we are dead.