Thursday 18 September 2008

Tag Time!

Tags have a habit of cropping up whenever I’ve sworn on the bible, written in blood, and promised my imaginary friend I’ll be writing my socks off all evening.

But, the amazing Catherine J. Gardner has tagged me, twice!!

First by awarding Overnight at Thistletonthwaite Castle an I Love Your Blog award.


Why, thank you so much! :)

The rules state that I must nominate at least 7 other blogs. So, technically, I should nominate all 25 blogs from my sidebar as I LOVE THEM ALL DEARLY. But I’m a rule breaker (can I still have the award?) so I’ll pass on passing this on.


Tag Number Two: The Interview

What are your nicknames? At school I was sometimes called Gogs because of my swimming goggles. More recently, a couple of friends liked to call me M. One of my sisters has called me Horsey, or Horse, for as long as I can remember, and I’m Aunty Horsey to my 9-year-old niece.

What game show and/or reality show would you like to be on? I don’t watch any, so that’s a very tough question.

What was the first movie you bought on VHS or DVD? Scarface. I was obsessed with it, and embarrassingly, I had a crush on Tony Montana. WHAT was I thinking?

What is your favourite scent? I have several: the countryside, wet silk, verbena, and L’eau d’Issey by Issey Miyake.

If you had a million dollars that you could only spend on yourself, what would you do with it? Employ a cleaner, take a long trip to Romania and Macedonia, buy some time, and then invest the rest in gold.

What one place have you visited that you can't forget and want to go back to? The tiny island of Anguilla.

Do you trust easily? Yes, though it can sometimes be a mistake.

Do you generally think before you act, or act before you think? I think before I act, but make my decisions quite quickly.

Is there anything that has made you unhappy lately? Yes.

Do you have a good body image? Yes.

What is your favorite fruit? The avocado.

What websites do you visit daily? This changes, but currently: The Guardian, The Times, The New York Times, and Nathan Bransford – Literary Agent.

What have you been seriously addicted to lately? Reading and eating avocados, but not at the same time.

What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is? Friendly, generous, focused, productive, and talented.

What's the last song that got stuck in your head? F.E.A.R. by Ian Brown. Which is odd because I haven’t heard it in more than a year.

What's your favorite item of clothing? Today, it’s my Citizens of Humanity wide-leg jeans. Closely followed by a gorgeous jacket I bought last week.

Do you think Rice Krispies are yummy? No.

What would you do if you saw $100 lying on the ground? Stare at it. Look furtively around. Pick it up. Look around again to see if anyone nearby appears to have lost it. Wave it in the air. Put it in my pocket and think about taking it to the police station.

What items could you not go without during the day? Mascara, tissues, laptop, phone, sparkling water, and food.

What should you be doing right now? Eating! This tag took longer than planned. ;)

5 comments:

Fox Lee said...

My sister loves Anguilla. She used to have a friend whose relatives owned a house there!

Cate Gardner said...

YAY! Thanks for playing along.

Mary said...

Natalie - wow! Anguilla is one of the dreamiest places on earth. :)

Cate - YAY, HAY, HAY! :)

Ronald L. Smith said...

Here's another vote for Anguila. My wife and I have been there three times. So wonderful and peaceful. Thanks for visiting my blog Mary!

Mary said...

Prince Balthazar - you’re a more seasoned visitor to Anguilla than I. But I hope to go again in 2009 or 10. Just imagining the soft sea-breeze... Ah, bliss. :)